Saturday, December 8, 2007

Getting to know us!

A quick mention must be made of the party which is happening at Carfax tonight. A lot of us Tokyo crew will be heading off in that direction for what promises

to be an evening to remember! We have been looking forward to showcasing some of our favourite musicians, including those that pluck strings, twiddle knobs and spin records. You can guarantee a hot night out with a wealth of choices to tingle any discerning eardrum! R70 is the entrance - that can hardly be called damage! Check it out:

Join us for a 1 of a kind evening, featuring 2 stages and 1 extra DJ dancefloor for good measure.


Electro Floor
Home Electric
5 Men 3 Missing
Unit R (C.T.)

Rock Floor
Batwings or Crablegs
Atilla and the Honeys
The Shadow Club
The Bang
The Privates
Greenhouseffect

Loaded Dancefloor (DJs)
Mankazam
King of Town
Richard tha IIIrd

See you there!

*******************************

It's that time again! We're getting to know some of our fave Tokyo people. So far we've chatted to bands and DJs, but now its time to get a little more personal - meet the Tokyo Star bar-ladies!



The Bar-Lady Questionaire
What’s your fave Tokyo drink?

Jo – Just add vodka
Kate – If it’s for free, it’s for me, I’ll take three!
Robyn – Jagerbombs all the way!
Gabi – Free soco shoots from our fave regular Keith!

What’s the lamest pick-up line you’ve ever heard at Tokyo?
Jo – “I have your name tattooed on my wrist” and then the idiot proceeds to show me his wrist where the words “Your name” have been written.
Kate – “I totally beat up the bouncers at TranceSky AND I make R1 million a month at the massage parlour I own.”
Robyn – “Like, how many times do you get hit on in a night..?”
Gabi – I asked one guy if he wanted a single or double in his drink and he replied, “I’m single, but I’ll have a double.”

What preparation do you do for an evening working at Tokyo?
Jo – I put on some funky badges cause they help make good tips.
Kate – I always practise the robot in the mirror and then try not to be sleeping when my shift starts!
Robyn – EAT!!
Gabi – Buy cigarettes cause the machine doesn’t sell my brand…

If you were an animal which one would you be, and why?
Jo – Monkey, cause I’m supple and flexible and imagine what I can do for the boy monkeys!
Kate – Moose, cause I’m as quiet as a mouse and like to sit in the fridge and eat chocolate mousse!
Robyn – Bunny, cause I like bouncing and the idea of floppy ears…
Gabi – Cat, cause I’m selective about being nice, affectionate and polite to customers (and it usually depends on how nice they are to me!)

What makes you YOU?
Jo – I’m cute and fun, always keen for a chat and love wearing funky clothes (and badges!)
Kate – I’m tall cause I was made on a long weekend…
Robyn – I’m a very social being, who loves the party!
Gabi –

What do you look for in a man?
Jo – Justin
Kate – Three M’s of manhood – mullet, moustache and a moonbag
Robyn – Anything but the creepy janitor type
Gabi – Too much…

I don’t leave the house without:
Jo – funky badges (donations welcome by the way!)
Kate – random gifts for all my lovely bar-lady friends..
Robyn – my camera
Gabi – clean underwear

What’s your fave thing about Tokyo Star?
Jo – Levi
Kate – Thursday nights
Robyn – slush
Gabi – good conversation (walking into Tokyo is like walking into an episode of Cheers!)

What would you bring back from the past?
Jo – high fives
Kate – silkworms in a shoebox
Robyn – imaginary friends (haha!)
Gabi – penguin biscuits (does anyone remember these?)

What’s the strangest thing that’s ever happened to you at Tokyo?
Jo, Kate, Robyn – One quiet Tuesday night a white guy came walking into Tokyo dressed as a Zulu warrior! He serenaded us with some traditional African songs before selling us his CD…What a night!
Gabi – A guy once started stripping to try raise some money to pay for his drinks!

What do you do when you’re not working?
Jo – sleep and exercise
Kate – teach nursery school
Robyn – sleep and eat (and sometimes go to varsity)
Gabi – come to Tokyo!

What do you want to be when you grow up?
Jo – archaeologist/Indiana Jones
Kate – pirate/work for Koo cause I can!
Robyn – be the boss of everyone – hehe!
Gabi – Oscar-winning actress

What’s the most pissy thing a customer can do?
Jo – Click or whistle at us to get our attention – we’re not dogs!
Kate – Have no manners!
Robyn – Be rude or reach over the bar to grab at us/the alcohol…
Gabi – Wink at us.

What’s the nicest thing a customer can do?

Jo, Kate, Robyn, Gabi – Have some manners (please say ‘please’!), give us nice tips (we’re providing you with a service!) and buy us the odd drink (it’ll get you quicker service too!).

No comments:


A$k Your L*cal Bar%lad^es - R*byn & K@te

Hey Tokyo Starians!
We've all seen that movie where the down-on-his-luck dude walks into a bar, orders a drink and pours out his soul to an attentive barman. We kind of like the idea, but Tokyo is often too busy for us to listen to your problems and have long chats!

However, we still believe we have loads of advice to give. Write in to us and we'll be sure to help you out! We're offering advice on everything and anything - from girls to guys, from cocktails to sex, from skin problems to hot chili problems, let us help.

Email us at:

tokyostarlive@gmail.com

The response has been phenomenal - we're already receiving letters! Here are the first few replies:

Q: Whenever I come to Tokyo I feel so horrible in the morning - please help?!
A: It is all because you didn't tip last night and karma has come back to kick you in the ass.

Q: I can't seem to pleasure my girlfriend, I think it's because I'm too small...I measured and I'm only 4cms, and all my friends say they're so much bigger. Why is this the case - why me?
A: It is all because you didn't tip last night and karma has come back to kick you in the ass.

Q: I think I may be falling in love with bouncer Mike - he's just so masculine, but has such a gentle touch when he hugs me hello. Do I have a future with him?
A: Bouncer Mike is a loving husband with 3 children, but has much love to go around - the ball is in your court.

Keep those letters coming!

.

Kate and Robyn on the Dancefloor

Wh@t's hOt! & Wh@t's nOt**

This week's edition of What's Hot and What's Not has been compiled by the Tokyo Star Barladies.

What's Hot
1. Levi's dance moves
2. awesome manners
3. Keith buying us SoCo shooters
4. meeting cool chicks in the loo queue
5. berry slush

Whats Not
1. stock take
2. drunken obnoxious dudes
3. lame pick-up lines
4. chicks popping out of their tops
5. too much slush


.

T*kyo RULES!

1. have an awesomely raucous time

2. don't be rude to the staff (that includes our wonderful kitchen ladies, rugged bouncers, superb DJs, handsome managers and beautiful bar ladies)

3. be courteous and polite (we're providing you with a service - remember to say 'please' and 'thank you')

4. respect all the other patrons of Tokyo - we're all here to have an awesome time!

5. no drugs, no firearms, no under 18s - keep it clean!